Re: [ft-devel] [freetype2] GSoC-2019-moazin 8887048: Performs basic to s

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [freetype2] GSoC-2019-moazin 8887048: Performs basic to see if SVG data is valid or not.
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 09:55:05 +0500

Behdad is right.  Don't test stuff that FreeType doesn't need for
itself.  In other words, only test data that FreeType itself is going
to access.  For example, if we need the 12th byte of structure `foo',
then we should check whether we can do that, together with some sanity
tests to find out whether this value in `foo' is reasonable.

Okay, thanks Behdad and Werner for pointing this out.

So I guess then the table size checks are probably not
useful, however, the checks for `numEntries' not being
non-zero and an SVG document's length not being
non-zero are probably needed? Since, my code directly
relies on these two. If `numEntries' is zero, the SVG table
is pointless. if an SVG document's length is zero, there
is no need to process it. The `version' should be zero.

Should these checks stay? or should I just revert the
whole commit?