Re: Regarding freetype-demos

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Regarding freetype-demos
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:43:22 +0200 (CEST)

> I was looking at the freetype demos and they don't seem to be
> working on windows 10 for me, I am able to build the demos but they
> don't seem to work how they should be.  Instead of opening a window
> and showing the result, the demo is just opening on the command
> prompt and just shows text and not images.

It would be great if you could invest some time and find out why this
is so, and maybe you could even fix it.  The used graphics layer is
very thin, and I don't see a fundamental reason why it shouldn't
work.

> Moreover I think using OpenGL and ImGui for creating the ftinspect demo
> will be much easier since QT has a huge install size on windows.

Well, it's not that bad.  A static Qt 5 library (compiled with mxe,
and only using the necessary basics) adds about 10MByte to the
executable.

> I have created a kind of clone of ftinspect demo using OpenGL and
> ImGui.  [...]

Interesting, thanks!  Will check that soon.