Re: Regarding freetype-demos

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Regarding freetype-demos
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 14:06:05 +0200 (CEST)

>> Have you seen my ChangeLog entry for that?
>>
>>  * Makefile (FT_INCLUDES): Add configuration directory.  Without
>>  that, the file `ftoption.h' that is added to the $(COMPILE) variable
>>  gets found only if it is located in $(DEVEL_DIR), this is, if we do
>>  a `make devel' build.
>
> It worked on Unix before.  What is the matter with Windows?  Also,
> why do we need ftoption.h on the command line for demos?  We only
> need it for the PNG output.

Well, it was you who added

  -DFT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H="<ftoption.h>"

to the $(COMPILE) command in the demo Makefile.  AFAICS, this
overrides the standard definition of

  #define FT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H  <freetype/config/ftoption.h>

in FreeType's `ftheader.h`.  This implies that `ftoption.h`'s
directory must be explicitly added to the list of include directories.