Re: meson and logging support

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: meson and logging support
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 23:27:42 +0100

>> What message do you mean?
>
> What are you referring to?

I was stumped by "I'm not completely happy about the message meson emits“. Do
you mean the red „No“?

>> I don't know meson well enough, but a quick skim of the Meson
>> offline manual and the one on https://mesonbuild.com show no easy
>> option to configure a project "from within".
>
> It seems so.  Here I definitely lack the flexibility of autoconf...
> It's not clear to me why a 'NO' answer must always be coloured in
> red.  IMHO, red should be reserved for severe problems.

Hm. I can see Meson’s potential reasoning here. It’s much more sane to have
Meson at the center of configuration, rather than having arbitrary config
sources ;) It _does_ provide a mechanism to generate a header file with your
chosen configuration.