Re: Wrong outlines?

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: Wrong outlines?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:30:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Boris Letocha wrote:

> It display many chars of Times New Roman font and found problem in outline
> of character 942(U03AE).

Character "etatonos", glyph index #530, that looks like the Greek
lowercase letter "eta" with an acute?

> 1. It calls lineTo to same point as moveTo exactly before - not big problem
> (I now ignoring lines to same point as last).

This might be an artefact of hinting.

> 2. It has 3 contours - second is degenerated. moveTo(432,-8) lineTo(432,220)
> lineTo(432,-8). Is it problem of Font or FreeType?

This is strange. That glyph is a composition of two other glyphs: "eta"
(#536) and "acute" (#141), and each of them consists on a single contour
only. What size/dpi did you use?

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."