RE: Wrong outlines?

From: Boris Letocha
Subject: RE: Wrong outlines?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:41:46 +0200

Hi!

It is not problem of renderers. It is problem if I want to do something with outline - calc intersections with other polygons, etc.

Now I working to improve my polygon operations to handle also this "problems".

> > 1. It calls lineTo to same point as moveTo exactly before -
> not big problem
> > (I now ignoring lines to same point as last).
> >
> Ah, is this a problem to you ?? We could add a flag in the parameters
> of FT_Outline_Decompose if you want to avoid this..

It is not problem - I think that it only slows down things a little.

> > 2. It has 3 contours - second is degenerated.
> moveTo(432,-8) lineTo(432,220)
> > lineTo(432,-8). Is it problem of Font or FreeType?

Also this things can be avoided after FreeType. But maybe inside of FreeType. As far I understood your answer it is problem of Times and not FT.

> I don't know. What does the glyph looks like in "ftview" ? a
> degenerated
> contour like this one should not be visible with the
> anti-aliased renderer,
> but the monochrome one should show an horizontal line ??

BTW: I use grayscale renderer also for monochrome rendering (128>=gray -> 1 gray<128 -> 0).
So I don't need monochrome renderer.

Boris Letocha