Re: Beta 7 - number of gray levels

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Beta 7 - number of gray levels
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:58:53 +0200

Hi James,

James Stewart a écrit :

> My call to FT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap(...) (beta 7) renders with 5 levels of gray.
> (num_grays=256). Can I get more levels?

In Beta 7, you need to specifically select the smooth renderer before
calling FT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap for the first time. This is done with
FT_Select_Raster or FT_Select_Renderer (I do not remember well)
and you could have a look at the demo programs to see how this is
done (two things to look up: how the smooth renderer is "located"
after a call to FT_Init_FreeType, and how it is selected, in a
function that must be named "reset_raster" in "ftview.c")

Or you can directly switch to the current snapshot, that doesn't
need all of this voodoo (the smooth renderer is always used as the
default for anti-aliased rendering). There are a few API changes
though (especially in <freetype/ftglyph.h>) that you may need to
adapt).

Cheers,

- David