Re: Looking for opinions

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: Looking for opinions
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:48:19 -0400

Matthew Beare wrote:

> I would welcome any opinions that subscribers to this list have with
> regard to how easy FreeType is to implement and use and what advantages
> it offers over something like T1lib.  I would also be interested in
> knowing if there is a (tentative) date for the release of version 2.

It is indeed sweet !
Completely modular by design, it handles a variety of font types (so
much to the advantage compared to t1lib). While it's currently still
a somewhat moving target, the upcoming release of FT2 will hopefully
fix that (in the literal sense :)

> BTW. I have just downloaded the current FT2 tar file and it has built
> okay, but there is no "demos" directory.  Is this a deliberate omission
> ?

the demos are now in a separate module (ft2demos I think)

Hope that helps,        Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal