Re: Cannot compile correctly in Linux

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Cannot compile correctly in Linux
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:59:21 +0200

Hi James,

> James Vahanian a écrit :
>
> Can Someone Help??
>
> I am have one heck of a time getting freetype 1.3.1 installed on my linux
> box.. and can't figure out why stuff is not working.. the Test programs
> run but I can't start my apache web server it gives me a "cannot load
> /etc/httpd/modules/libphp3.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/libphp3.so
> undefined symbol: TT_New_Glyph"   Any ideas? Plus the reason that I am
> installing this app is to accomodate another program and I believe this is
> the same reason I am unable to compile it correctly.. Is there a number that
> I can technical support?  Or does anyone have any input? Anything I am
> sure would be helpfull.

I'm sorry to say so, but if the test programs are working fine, your build of
FreeType simply went fine. Isn't this a PHP problem instead ? It could also
come from weird shared library paths / prefixs in your setup
(for example, a version of freetype exists in your "/usr/lib" while a "make
install" will install a new build in "/usr/local/lib" which comes second in
the LD path)..

I don't think we'll be able to help you directly. Another solution is trying to
grab the latest snapshot and see if it fixes problems. By the way, you're
not giving much details regarding your system..

Regards,

- David