Re: On FT_Select_Charmap Re: [Freetype] CIDFont support

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: On FT_Select_Charmap Re: [Freetype] CIDFont support
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:44:05 +0200

Hi J.,

Juliusz Chroboczek a écrit :

> YH> When we use a CMap, we must specify charcter set, encoding and
> YH> text direction.  But FT_Select_Charmap selects a charmap by
> YH> encoding only.
>
> Indeed.  The set of CharMap accessors in FreeType will have to be
> extended.  A single accessor that returns the CMap's name, or NULL if
> none, would be enough for my needs.
>
> For convenience, accessors to get a CharMap's direction etc. would be
> useful.  But I don't insist.

Actually, the engine was modified lately to support a new internal class
named "FT_CMap", used as an abstract representation for character maps.

I think it wouldn't be too difficult to add new methods or sub-classes
to it to deal with CID-CMaps. On the other hand, I'd appreciate if
someone could outline a high-level API sub-set to deal with them from
an application's point of view..

What is needed really ?

Regards,

- David Turner