[Freetype] Caching questions

From: Shoms W
Subject: [Freetype] Caching questions
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:56:10 -0700

Hello All,
I am using the cache subsystem of freetype and have a few questions about it. After I initialize everything, and and get a bitmap descriptor from a FTC_SBitCache_Lookup I would like to do some kerning using the function FT_Get_Kerning(face, previous, glyph_index,ft_kerning_mode_default, &delta ) which I assume does the needful. However, when I call the function with the proper parameters, I always get delta.x as 0. Am I doing something wrong. Can I use the FT_Get_Kerning function when using the cache-sub system? The FT_HAS_KERNING(face) is true. I am drawing a blank, and any help would be appreciated.
The font that I am testing with is arial.ttf
Thanks,
Shoms