Re: [Freetype] FT_Render_Glyph doesn't work well

From: jonathan . foster
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FT_Render_Glyph doesn't work well
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 16:34:55 +0100

Hi,

"CHEN LIANG" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I use the FT_Render_Glyph function to render a char from the windows font>
> "arial",but I find there is only outline in the rendered bitmap .The inner
> part is not filled.Why ?
> The following is my test code
[...]
> char* pBitmap;
[...]
> if(pBitmap[i*bitmap_cols+j]>0) printf("1");
> else printf("0");

This looks like a problem with signed chars.  A fully-opaque pixel will have
a value of (unsigned char)255 == (signed char)-1.  So your test for >0 will
return false, except for the pixels around the edges that have values between
1 and 127.

What happens if you use "unsigned char *pBitmap" rather than "char *pBitmap"?
And/or change "if(pBitmap[i*bitmap_cols+j]>0)" to
"if(pBitmap[i*bitmap_cols+j]!=0)".

Kind regards,

Jon Foster