Re: [Freetype] freetype and php-4.3.1

From: Pierre-Alain Joye
Subject: Re: [Freetype] freetype and php-4.3.1
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:19:44 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, 28 May 2003 18:25:20 +0200
"David Turner" <address@hidden> wrote:

> it seems to be a bug in gdft, I'd bet that:
>
>    - the file $(prefix)/ft2build.h cannot be found, probably
>      because the configure script wasn't written correctly
>      and didn't include $(prefix) to the C include path
>
>    - "gdft.c" seems to include $(prefix)/freetype/freetype.h directly,
>      which is wrong. It should instead use something like:
>
>          #include <ft2build.h>
>          #include FT_FREETYPE_H
>
>       if it did, the include path problem would be more visible
>       than the current mess.

New to this list (well, I only follow the discussion actually), I
discussed about this issue with the guys that works too on the GD
extension for PHP. We never got any problem to link the extension with
freetype 2.x and we did not find any bugreport about it.

However if this causes the problem, can you post a bug on
http://bugs.php.net and we'll try to fix it for the next release.

Btw, it is too late for the 4.3.2 which is freezed and only security
fixes should be applied.

regards,

pierre