RE: [Freetype] Japanese True Type fonts on Windows

From: Farhad Khalafi
Subject: RE: [Freetype] Japanese True Type fonts on Windows
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:08:55 -0600

Look for one of these in the Fonts folder:

MSGOTHIC.TTC

MSMINCHO.TTC

MSGOTHIS.TTF

The first two are TrueType collections.

For example; to load the first TT font from MSGOTHIC.TTC:

FT_Face face;

FT_Open_Args args;

args.flags = FT_OPEN_PATHNAME;

args.pathname = “c:\\Windows\\Fonts\\MSGOTHIC.TTC”;

error = FT_Open_Face(ftLib,&args,0,&face);

I think you can assume that at least one of these fonts will be present on a Japanese version of Windows.

Farhad