[ft] Use of a Chinese font

From: Tom Sparthate
Subject: [ft] Use of a Chinese font
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:07:30 +0000

Hello,

I intend to use chinese characters, in my own device using Freetype.
But a basical chinese ttf font is near 10 Mo.
I haven't enought memory to store it and use with FT.

I'm looking for a way to have the smallest font :
- with compression : Does someone know a process or an algorithm to reduce data size and to link with Freetype : decompression when opening the font or a linear process character by character?
what will be the size profit?
- Use of another font file format ?

Any other ideas?

Thanks you very much, for your help.