fsfe-law

Re: GPL Violation/Verletzung (german)

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: GPL Violation/Verletzung (german)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:41:00 +0200

Dear Gianluca,

 || On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:58:57 +0200 (CEST)
 || Gianluca Baldo <address@hidden> wrote:

 gb> after visiting their site again and accessing their demo, I
 gb> realized they are offering a modified version of our GPL package.
 gb> Since I don't understand german I am not sure if they are
 gb> violation GPL license or not..

If they truly distribute a modified version of your GPL package, the
statement

 "Die Weitergabe der angepaßten und originalen Quellcodes ist jedoch
  nicht erlaubt." (Distributing modified or original source codes is
  not permitted)

seems to be a very obvious violation of the GPL.

Do you have contact with these people?

Theoretically speaking, only the copyright holder is entitled to take
legal action against violations of the GPL, but if you need help, we
will certainly help you bringing them into compliance.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>