[Fsfe-uk] groupserver?

From: Graham Seaman
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] groupserver?
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:42:23 +0100

Just saw this press release:

http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/830

about groupserver being used for UK e-democracy projects, eg.

http://www.e-democracy.org/ and

I hadn't come across it before, it seems to have been developed in NZ
and used in the US before being used here, then gpl-ed under sponsorship
by the ODPM. It runs on python and zope. It has a home here:

http://www.groupserver.org/

Has anyone used it? I'll probably install it and have a play, just
wondered whether anyone had any previous experience or comments on it...
On the one hand it seems to be genuinely free software, on the other
hand I haven't so far managed to find a developer community, mailing
list, cvs depository, etc anywhere. I may just be missing something
obvious?

Cheers
Graham