Re: [Fsfe-uk] Looking for case studies and contacts for OS adoption

From: Stuart Yeates
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Looking for case studies and contacts for OS adoption
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:34:53 +0100

Gavin Hill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm currently researching a new project and am looking
> for people who would be willing to discuss their
> experience of introducing (Free Libre) Open-Source or
> spreading its adoption, ideally into large
> organisations ie 400 employees and up.
>
> Any form of FLOSS is good - Open Office, CMS,
> GNU/Linux. I'm keen to find decision makers who can
> discuss TCO, freedom of vendor choice and other
> factors and benefits that are particular and intrinsic
> to FLOSS. I'm after any particularly good testimonials
> or case studies, so really any relevant organisation
> of any size would be of interest.
>
> Please do get in touch or let me know if theres anyone
> I should speak to.

I suggest that you talk too some of the people rolling out moodle in
schools. There's just been a very successful MoodleMoot in Oxford,
the debris of which (including names and contact details for many)
are at http://www.moodlemoot.org/.

Most don't have 400 employees, but do have 400+ students...

cheers
stuart

--
Stuart Yeates                          address@hidden