Re: [Fsfe-uk] Explanation of Tivosiation and problems - comments sought

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Explanation of Tivosiation and problems - comments sought
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:10:02 +0000 (GMT)

On 15 Dec 2006, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> I'm writing a blog entry about Tivoisation, how it works, what problems it
> causes, and how it can be blocked.  I plan to put it on line on Monday, but
> any comments would be welcome.  My main concern is whether it is easily
> understandable.

I think it is and your article explains the issue and it's importance very
clearly.

It might also be worth mentioning that tivoisation actually means the
"owner" of the equipment lacks important rights over their own equipment.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG                       Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/             up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98