Re: [Fsfe-uk] Explanation of Tivosiation and problems - comments sought

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Explanation of Tivosiation and problems - comments sought
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 23:14:50 +0000

> MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:
> > Did Tivo include an auto-upgrader which was used to remove some
> > functions from the machines, or am I thinking of another similar
> > product?

Sony PSP? [not an auto-updater though]
Early last year it was hacked to be easily programmable (with LUA =o)
Soon Sony released updated firmware which was billed as adding
all sorts of abilities, but failed to mention it would stop you
hacking it :-(

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley,                                   address@hidden