Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC trial of embedded Flash video

From: Alan Pope
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC trial of embedded Flash video
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:41:02 +0100

Hi Alex,

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 03:41:54PM +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:
> I understand the point you're making though - are we actually sure Gnash
> has got VC funding here? I hadn't seen any announcement that they'd
> raised $/€ 10M, let alone that it was venture capital.

The main gnash guy was at the Ubuntu Developer Summit last week (amusingly
room-sharing with the swfdec guy :) ). He indicated that they had 12
developers working on gnash, which was likely to ramp up considerably since
he now "has funding". He didn't elaborate any more on that but I am sure he
said something about aiming for up to 30 developers.

Cheers,
Al.