Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:48:20 +0100

Hi,

On 1/30/08, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Jon Grant" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Personally I don't think it's necessary to post evidence of obvious
> > things. Just look at the market and see why software operates the way
> > it does?  it's not rocket science, it's because that is what people
> > desire. [...]
>
> I'm not sure what people desire - I'm not even sure that many people
> have even considered this.

Oooh, I can answer this. Most people desire companionship alongside
their HTML email:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bos/533096562.html

What's that you say? Text-only? Perhaps you should see:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/485967082.html

> BTW, there's no need to send me three off-list copies of list mail.
> That's almost offensive.

Almost as offensive as having to fix the To: line all the time because
the list admin refuses to admit the "Reply-to considered harmful"
debate was won even before the HTML email debate was won? *ducks*

:-)

A.