Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: BBC TV: Click: Free=beer and facebook-flaming

From: Rob Myers
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: BBC TV: Click: Free=beer and facebook-flaming
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 13:07:57 +0100

Florian Weimer wrote:

These days, there's hardly any widely used piece of proprietary software
for which you can't get the source code.

I think you are overstating this. Apple's applications (apart from the bits of Safari that were already Free) and its APIs (above Core Foundation) don't have available sources. Adobe's apps don't have available sources. And I wouldn't touch MS's shared source scheme with a copyright lawyer's bargepole.

- Rob.