Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: BBC TV: Click: Free=beer and facebook-flaming

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: BBC TV: Click: Free=beer and facebook-flaming
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 13:14:26 +0100

Rob Myers wrote:
Adobe's apps don't have available sources.

I think this is true, however you can get the specifications for Adobe flash some place, however the NDA states that you can't work on any competitor which really makes it useless. In many places, clean room (reverse-)engineering is safer from legal perspective as you aren't going to be accused of stealing code.

The ReactOS(reactos.org) project suffered allegations like these a few years ago.

--
www.tdobson.net
----