fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

Re: [FSF] Suggestion

From: Nico Cesar
Subject: Re: [FSF] Suggestion
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:49:10 -0400

On 30/05/13 08:11, alejandro wrote:
> El mié, 29-05-2013 a las 11:48 -0500, Esteban Mesa escribió:
>> Dear Sak and all community of FSF Spanish language Translators,
>>
>> Could be better for our readers, if we can translate the official FSF
>> articles too.
>>
> +1

This is a great initiative, we've had trouble keeping up with the
supporter translators some months, so I haven't insisted on this topic.

But there is an activity that I've been doing for the supporter that's
the integration of all the articles. My position at the FSF is Sysadmin,
and the amount of sysadmin task here is huge.

So, I should say that before adventuring on translating all the text, we
could try efforts to solve collectively the integration.

I created a Savannah project for this:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fsf-spanish

But I don't know if having an CVS with all the articles is a good
solution or not. Specially I'm not going to be actively maintaining it.
Please give your opinion on this. I'm pasting the explanation below on
the organization I though. It's well suited on how we do things here at
FSF, but might be very awkward for the rest of the world

I think that a good metric is to have 2 month on the completely new way
of doing things (Savannah's CVS as I proposed or something else) and
then we can start thinking of doing the full "official" translation at
the FSF.

In the meantime if anyone want to translate and post it on her/his blog
is always welcomed as Victor did with the unpublished last month articles.

Thanks,
Nico

-------------------------------
Como organizarnos:
------------------

Cada supporter tendra un directorio "supporter-AAAAMM" donde AAAA es el
año y MM es el mes.

En cada directorio habra un subdirectorio con el titulo del supporter
item reemplazando " " por "_" y eliminando todos los caracteres
especiales y truncamos el nombre a 40 caracteres

A cada directorio le ponemos un numero, para indicar el orden en que
sera publicado

adentro de ese subdirectorio ponemos los siguientes archivos:

en.markdown -> original enviado por la FSF
es.markdown -> traduccion y subsiguientes correcciones en el mismo archivo
notes.markdown -> notas de traduccion o discusiones que no iran
publicadas en el supporter

Luego una vez revisado habra que revisar todos los es.markdown de cada
subdirectorio y compaginarlo en "supporter-AAAAMM/es.markdown"

Tendremos la ayuda de una plantilla para las partes comunes en un
directorio llamado supporter-skel

Una vez publicado el supporter en ingles pondremos
"supporter-AAAAMM/en.markdown" para futuras referencias.

Para clarificar:

+
 `- LICENSE

 `- supporter-201303
    `- en.markdown
    `- es.markdown
    `- Trisquel_6.0_LTS_Toutatis_has arrived
      `- en.markdown
      `- es.markdown
      `- notes.markdown
    `- Petition_to_protect_the_right_to_unlock
      `- en.markdown
      `- es.markdown
      `- notes.markdown
(...)

Yo estoy pasando todos los articulos de este mes al repositorio.

--
Nico Cesar
Sysadmin Free Software Foundation

Memberships are needed for us!