fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

Re: [FSF] Suggestion

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: Re: [FSF] Suggestion
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 11:37:02 -0400

On 05/29/2013 12:48 PM, Esteban Mesa wrote:
Dear Sak and all community of FSF Spanish language Translators,

Could be better for our readers, if we can translate the official FSF articles too. They are reading our newsletters, but some people can't understand our full message.

What do you suggest?,

Hi everybody,

First of all, thanks for all your work. It's great to have our message made accessible to more people through your efforts.

We love the idea of having all the articles linked to in the Supporter actually translated into Spanish. As Nico said, we haven't tried to do it yet because we often only barely manage to get the Supporter itself translated within a reasonable time. I think that Nico has the right idea about switching to a new system like CVS and then making sure everything works well for a month or two, then trying to translate all the articles.

If we did translate them, I believe they'd go up at the Spanish version of FSF.org, which can be accessed at https://www.fsf.org/?set_language=es . "Spanish version" just means that it gives the Spanish version of content *where available*, so it's almost completely in English because we don't have much stuff on there translated... yet.

Currently, the English Supporter goes out on the last working day of the month, and it's rarely late. The Spanish one usually follows within three or four days. I think that if we were to try to translate the articles as well, it might be good to formally set the deadline for the Spanish version of the Supporter a few days after the English one, so that there is time to translate articles that were added only a few days before the English one went out. We'd have to run this by our executive director.

Thanks again for your contributions and feedback.

Zak Rogoff