gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune: Further Evidence on Old Problem

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune: Further Evidence on Old Problem
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 01:52:24 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 07:15:58PM +0200, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

For me on OpenBSD, trying to play any MP3 segfaulted Cynthiune, on
amd64 and on i386.
I exchanged a memcpy with a memmove, and that segfaulting now was gone
on both platforms.
Afterward, playing that test file, sounds exactly the same for me on
both. It's in SVN now.

Do you can check, whether that might have fixed the noise problem for you too?
svn co svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/gap/trunk/user-apps/Cynthiune

Yes thanks, that fixes it for me on 64-bit. I've tried several MP3s and they all play fine. Great!

I'll build the 32-bit version and try it again tomorrow - but that used to work anyway, it would be just a regression test.

Otherwise, what audio output backend do you use? I use OpenBSD specific
sndiod. If you still get that noise problem, do you can try another
audio backend?

I'm now using the Pulse Audio server but the same problem occurred with output direct to alsa.

While there I fixed two other minor compilation warnings also in SVN.

Sebastian

Also attached are the /proc/cpuinfo from both machines.

--
    Richard Stonehouse