gcc-conf-discuss

Summit Accouncement & Request for Comments

From: Andrew J. Hutton
Subject: Summit Accouncement & Request for Comments
Date: 24 Oct 2002 11:31:09 -0400

  For several years now (4) I've been running the (Ottawa) Linux
Symposium [OLS] and have been considering starting a GCC Developers
conference for about the last 18 months.

  Last month I booked space in Ottawa from April 15th until the 18th
with enough room for about 250 attendees for the first (annual) GCC
Summit.

  We would now like to solicit input and assistance from those of you in
the community who would very much like to see a GCC Summit happen.

  The basic idea at the moment is to run two concurrent tracks. The
first dedicated to GCC Internals including planning sessions, future
architecture change overviews, and tutorial sessions covering the core.
The second aiming more toward ports, and other non-core aspects of GCC.

  Community input is critical to making such an event a success.  We're
looking for ideas, volunteers to help out, as well as people with
contacts with potential event sponsors.  For those of you who are
familiar with OLS we are looking to keep the same non-invasive approach
when it comes to marketing at the event, it is about the technology and
ensuring we can adapt for the future.

An early draft of the Call for Participation is currently posted at
http://www.gccsummit.org/ and comments are greatly encouraged.

Please feel free to contact me directly as well.  Let's make this
happen.

Andrew J. Hutton,

--
GCC Developers Summit