gchempaint-main

[Gchempaint-main] Re: Compiling gchemutils

From: Etienne Lepercq
Subject: [Gchempaint-main] Re: Compiling gchemutils
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 21:39:56 -0400

Le mardi 08 avril 2008 à 20:17 -0400, Etienne Lepercq a écrit :
> Firstly, after checking out the repository, I had to change the path of
> aclocal .m4 files for my system in autogen.sh
> Now, autogen is working on my platform, configure also.
>
> Still, I have a weird error when compiling (after a while) :
>
> make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire
> « /home/xglurb/Developpement/gchempaint/gchemutils/programs/3d »
> ../../libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so: undefined reference to
> `gsf_input_gnomevfs_new'
> ../../libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so: undefined reference to
> `gsf_output_gnomevfs_new'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [gchem3d-viewer-unstable] Erreur 1
>
> Which is weird because apparently this definition _does_ exist:
>
> gchemutils$ rgrep gsf_input_gnomevfs_new *
> libs/gcu/application.cc:      GsfInput *input = gsf_input_gnomevfs_new
> (uri.c_str (), &error);
> Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so.0.9.4 concorde
> Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so concorde
> Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/application.o concorde
> Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so.0 concorde
>
> I don't really catch what's happening : is it a bug in the makefile ?
> Apparently not, since libs directory have been compiled before
> programs/3d
> Is it a bug related to ubuntu 8.04 ?? I don't expect so...
> I have also a question : what about (temprarily) not compiling
> programs/3d ?
> Will I be able to compile gchempaint, is there any dependency between
> them ?

Sorry for flooding, but I tried something simple : I just removed the 3d
subdirectory to the makefile in programs. But other programs depend on
this library.
One thing I can think about :is it possible that the gcu lib source code
is not up-to-date in the repository ?
Or maybe it's something strange happening with my computer...

Etienne Lepercq