gchempaint-main

Re: [Gchempaint-main] Re: Compiling gchemutils

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: Re: [Gchempaint-main] Re: Compiling gchemutils
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 06:09:39 +0200

Le mardi 08 avril 2008 à 21:39 -0400, Etienne Lepercq a écrit :
> Le mardi 08 avril 2008 à 20:17 -0400, Etienne Lepercq a écrit :
> > Firstly, after checking out the repository, I had to change the path of
> > aclocal .m4 files for my system in autogen.sh
> > Now, autogen is working on my platform, configure also.
> >
> > Still, I have a weird error when compiling (after a while) :
> >
> > make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire
> > « /home/xglurb/Developpement/gchempaint/gchemutils/programs/3d »
> > ../../libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so: undefined reference to
> > `gsf_input_gnomevfs_new'
> > ../../libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so: undefined reference to
> > `gsf_output_gnomevfs_new'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[3]: *** [gchem3d-viewer-unstable] Erreur 1
> >
> > Which is weird because apparently this definition _does_ exist:
> >
> > gchemutils$ rgrep gsf_input_gnomevfs_new *
> > libs/gcu/application.cc:    GsfInput *input = gsf_input_gnomevfs_new
> > (uri.c_str (), &error);
> > Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so.0.9.4 concorde
> > Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so concorde
> > Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/application.o concorde
> > Fichier binaire libs/gcu/.libs/libgcu-unstable.so.0 concorde
> >
> > I don't really catch what's happening : is it a bug in the makefile ?
> > Apparently not, since libs directory have been compiled before
> > programs/3d
> > Is it a bug related to ubuntu 8.04 ?? I don't expect so...
> > I have also a question : what about (temprarily) not compiling
> > programs/3d ?
> > Will I be able to compile gchempaint, is there any dependency between
> > them ?
>
> Sorry for flooding, but I tried something simple : I just removed the 3d
> subdirectory to the makefile in programs. But other programs depend on
> this library.
> One thing I can think about :is it possible that the gcu lib source code
> is not up-to-date in the repository ?
> Or maybe it's something strange happening with my computer...
>
> Etienne Lepercq

You might have to install libgsf-gnome-1 and libgsf-gnome-1-dev. I might
also add a test in configure to be certain, but I intend to use gio/gvsf
instead, but the libgsf wrapper is quite new and might not be in the
ubuntu package yet (I'm using libgsf and goffice from svn trunk). If you
already have libgsf-gnome-1-dev installed, then it's a bug.

Jean