gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's secu

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's security credentials
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 19:27:03 +0100

> > As advertised before - 'Remote servers' dlg has just undergone deep
> > surgery. It uses GtkTreeView widget  now(instead previous outdated
> > GtkCList) and is basically ready for all type connections (not only
> > ftp ;o). The list is sortable and handles double-clicking on the list
> > (please try). All previous functionality is (should be) preserved.
> >

> Hi,
>
> what else, i.e. how much work, is needed for webdav, obex, etc. to be
> supported?

gcmd needs new dlg window for editing connection properties and that's
mostly done (see sample screenshot:
http://epiotr.rootnode.pl/gcmd/trunk/doc/C/figures/gnome-commander_dialog_remote_server.png).
 This dialog will handle all protocols known to GnomeVFS system (ftp, ssh_ftp,
webdav, webdavs and smb), and additionally it'll allow entering any uri, so
obex should also be available here.

The other part requires rewriting code for ftp connections to make it
capable of handling all protocols. This requires some work, but more is
needed to test it thoroughly.

As new dlg layout is necessary for editing 'use-gnome-auth-manager'
property, so it will definitely go into 1.2.5. The rest - just not to
postpone the release - will be included in 1.2.6.

I intend the 1.2.6 release to be a small one and only to have added
support for other protocols than ftp.

Piotr