gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] gnome-commander | "Execute" doesn't work on files with sp

From: mi
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] gnome-commander | "Execute" doesn't work on files with space in filename (#98)
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 23:27:59 +0100

There could be something even more basic wrong with the exec parser.

For example i tried to get this running, as command for Programs --> Terminal
for executing:

/usr/bin/tilix --new-process  -p profile2  -e

whereas profile2 is specifically adapted to execute things (no login, scroll on
output, notify output, keep terminal after command finished, and of course, a
fancy color !)

but it just opens the profile and does not execute anything.If i add a simple
'ls' after the -e, however, it executes just that, fine.

Also, if i trie to execute from the gcdm commandline directly, staying in the
respectivce folder, it appears gcmd does not recognize the pwd. I have to still
give the full path.

So my first bet is that gcmd does not really append the correct path to the
script file, to the exec call. Or nothing at all ?

And maybe that's also related to the whitespace problem.