gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Gcmd 0.9.8 rpm and Suse 8.0

From: Marcus Bjurman
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Gcmd 0.9.8 rpm and Suse 8.0
Date: 06 Sep 2002 15:41:23 +0200

> I did that an got some compiling errors. configure searches the
> gnome-libs in /usr/local/lib but my gnome-libs are in /opt/gnome/lib.
>
> The same with gnome-vfs gnome-vfs is installed and configure does not
> find it.
>
> I tried ./configure --with-fam=no --with-gnome-libs=/opt/gnome/lib but
> the script searches gnome-libs still in /usr/local/lib

Strange, I have my libs in /usr and configure doesn't complain about
that. Do you have the gnome-config & gnome-vfs-config programs in your
$PATH?

Also run
$ gnome-config --prefix; gnome-vfs-config --prefix

There are some other problems with the Makefiles though. On some
distributions you might have to do a make in the src directory
rather then the root directory. This has something to do with the new
automake1.5 or something.

good luck

/Marcus