geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Help associating source and REPL - "No prompt found!"

From: Jon Miller
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Help associating source and REPL - "No prompt found!"
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:55:18 -0800

Seems like I can let this go... :-)

Couldn't help but notice that the regexp change was the one thing that both
"fixed" my problem but also introduced that delay in both launching the REPL
and when sending between source to REPL. I removed the caret "^" from my
modified regexp for the final value of:
(setq geiser-racket--prompt-regexp "\\(\\(mzscheme\\|racket\\)@\\|^\\)[^ ]*> ")

I now quickly get an error when running C-c M-e after my example def:
(define (cube x) (* x x x))

I get an error window with the message:
  (define (cube x) (* x x x))

  Error: retort-syntax

  stdin::87: unquote: not in quasiquote
    in: (unquote geiser-eval)
    context...:
     /usr/lib/racket/collects/racket/private/misc.rkt:87:7

Perhaps this is an easier problem or still related to the regexp?

Thanks,
Jon Miller