Re: [Getfem-users] GMM++ and Visual Studio 2008

From: Jaime Armendáriz Villalba
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] GMM++ and Visual Studio 2008
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 23:52:16 +0200

Hello Danesh,

I cannot answer to your question because I don't use GMM++, instead I'm porting my code to use getfem++ with visual studio 2008 and c++ intel compiler 11.1.

I would like to say something in the mail list to know the opinion from the maintainers and the developers about creating some kind of sources with the files necessary ready to just import the project getfem++ and gmm++ and start compiling and building. Similar as it is done in mingw-gcc.

I think there is enough background in terms of devolpers using VS to create that package of sources (or even binaries) in order to make life easier for people starting using getfem.

What do you think? Maybe some of us could send our files to be included ?

I don't mean that it has to be maintained at all, but we could provide "as is" package to help the developers in the future.

I'm sorry Danesh that I used your thread for this. I will post it in a separate thread if I see there is someone interested.

Jaime Armendariz