Re: [Getfem-users] boundary problem with elastostatic

From: radames42
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] boundary problem with elastostatic
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 00:25:41 +0100

Dear Yves,

many thanks for your reply. I agree with you, that I have to specify a Neuman boundary condition. AFAIK, it is normaly given by:

u_i,j * n_j = p1 * n_i on S_N  (Notation with Einstein summation convention)

or in weak form

int_S_N u_i,j * n_j * v_i= int_S_N p1 * n_i * v_i   for all test functions v

In my elastostatic problem I have

sigma_ij * n_j = (lambda * delta_ij * u_k,k + 2 * mu * (u_i,j + u_j,i)/2 ) * n_j = p1 * n_i on S_N1

where the unknown is the displacement vector field u. My problem is how to specify this boundary condition (in 3D)?

E.g. how do I get the normal of the face at given point of the mesh m?

If I use the (normal) source term brick, how does it know to use sigma_ij and not u_i,j?

I figured out, that I cannot use the coordinates x,y,z but need to use x[0], x[1], x[2] instead in m.eval("[...]").

I use the demo_tripod.py demo as my template.

As the equations are unreadable in my first email I repeat them here:

Somehow my mailer dropped the references I've read but probably not understand completly. Here they are

[1] <http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/userdoc/model_linear_elasticity.html>

[2] <http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/userdoc/model_dirichlet.html>

[3] <http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/userdoc/model_source_term.html>

---
Nutzen Sie freenet Mail optimal angepasst für Ihr iPhone, Android oder Nokia Handy auch von unterwegs.
Alle Infos und Download unter freenetMail Apps