gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Bugs-387 ] Installation notes are not clear

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Bugs-387 ] Installation notes are not clear
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 03:08:57 -0500

Bugs item #387, was opened at 2003-06-04 11:08
You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105&aid=387&group_id=1

Category: Doc Manager
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I tried following the installation notes and everything
went fine up to finding the section labeled "GForge
Config File" in the INSTALL file.

The section reads:

  GForge Config File
  In the GForge distribution, you will find
  etc/local.inc. Move it to /etc/gforge/local.inc
  and edit all of the settings.

  Giving the first user "Site Admin" privileges.
  Register a new user, and confirm it via the email
  link. Then enter the postgres command line and
  issue these commands:

   insert into user_group (user_id,group_id,
   admin_flags) values (*****YOUR NEW ID** ***,1,'A');

  /etc/aliases - add this line and run "newaliases"
  noreply:        /dev/null

There are lots of issues in this section that are not
clear to a database dummy like me:

  * What settings should be modified in local.inc ?
What  may be ignored and what must be set?
  * 'Giving the first user "Site Admin" previleges.' Is
this a title for the next sentence? Or something that
the reader is assumed to know?
  * "Register a new user and confirm it via the email
link" - How do you do that?
  * ...enter the postgres command line... - How do you
do that?
  * "insert into ..." are user_id and group_id literal
or something that should be replaced?

The /etc/aliases I could figure out. ;-)

Btw, can't you provide a script that asks a couple of
questions and does these commands for me?