gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-389 ] Email i18n patch and etc.. (no co

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-389 ] Email i18n patch and etc.. (no corresponding task and tracking item)
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 01:49:19 -0500

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106&aid=389&group_id=1

Category: SiteWide
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello!

Now, character-set of GForge for web pages is the same
as character-set used for e-mail.However, character-set
used for web pages should differ from character-set
used at the time of e-mail sending.For example,
ISO-2022-JP is used for e-mail in Japanese.

Then, We propose i18n improvement.The changed part is
as follows.

[1. www/include/languages/Base.tab,
    www/include/languages/Japanese.tab, and etc...]

Character-set definition used for e-mail was added.
When you want to change into a specific character-set,
you write a character-set to "conf mail_charset" entry.

If the PHP engine is configured to support mbstring
function, the mail body is converted to correct
character-set.

And we fixed a month name typo of japanese.tab.

[2. www/sendmessage.php]

This patch supports a sender name including multi-byte
characters in from line of e-mail. It encodes sender
name by MIME rule before sending e-mail.

Then, this patch includes a bug fix. The bug is that,
new-line character of mail body is removed when the
e-mail is sent from mail-form of developer profile page.

[3. common/include/utils.php]

If multi-byte-string extension is supported, a
character code of mail uses "conf mail_charset" entry
of a tab file.  It encodes by MIME rule before sending
e-mail.

If you do not encodeed e-mail by MIME rule,
multi-byte-string extension is not needed.

Then, this patch includes a bug fix.  The bug is that,
a multi-byte character is wrapped in the middle of a
character.

In order to enable all the functions included in these
paches, the multi-byte-string extension which is i18n
feature of PHP-4.0(or later)

However, the GForge that applied these patchs operates
like before without i18n extention of PHP-4.0(or later)

Therefore, we think that there are no bad side effects
to single-byte-world by these patchs.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Hidenari Miwa & Tsutomu Tominaga