gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Feature Requests-385 ] Integrate with GForge-ex

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Feature Requests-385 ] Integrate with GForge-external CVS repositories
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 12:18:21 -0500

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=119&aid=385&group_id=1

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Rationale: We have multiple cvs repositories on
multiple platforms in our enterprise. And, for some
repositories, we enforce cvs processes and standards
that determine migration from development to test to
qa to production, etc. And, we do not, and will not
have an enterprise culture that will require a single
cvs repository.

Feature: Allow GForge to make use of multiple cvs
repositories, and to allow projects to decide which
repository to use. I.e., loosely couple GForge from
the cvs repositories.

Otherwise, GForge unlikely to be used if cvs info not
available from GForge projects.