Re: [glob2-devel] Gradients (again)

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Gradients (again)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:52:19 +0100

> proposal: every building leaves room to idle people. there they consume per
> timeunit. if idle warriors would distribute evenly on buildings in their
> guardareas, they could be good guards with some element of surprise.
>
> greetings, giszmo

I don't have any particular position on per-mile vs. per-minute
consumption, but I don't like the idea of leaving globs in buildings
constantly, because it would be confusing: it would be hard to tell
whether your buildings were being used for training or just storage, and
looking around your own town(s) would give a misleading impression of
how many globs you have.

I do like the idea of idle globs consuming food at a low rate.  I've
mentioned on IRC that it would have to be a significant fraction of the
normal rate of consumption (say about half), because otherwise
everyone will build up a huge army of warriors, send them into battle,
then find they all starve to death because there are no inns to feed
them.

Actually, allowing globs to idle in buildings also encourages the player
to build up huge armies, because they don't sit about taking up space.

With all that said, I can see a benefit in having a few warriors sitting
in each of your guard towers.  How about globs stand idle when they
have nothing to do, and guard towers can contain up to 4 warriors?

        - Andrew