Re: [glob2-devel] all your bases are belong to Nicowar

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] all your bases are belong to Nicowar
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 12:27:35 +0200

Kai Antweiler wrote:
in your proposal you have no paving area that in my eyes would be a great plus
to globulation.
in fact i see all extra action a great plus as long as it doesn't mean more
mouse clicks or organisation.

there could be many more things like 2 globs cooperating to be able to carry 4
wheat at a time

I think this is hard.

it's hard to imagine things one would use hands to in a glob world. for example i would like globs to construct carrying devices out of wood and use them to carry more at a time. but how would that look like????

, explorers L2 bringing lunch-packs to the globs

This could work.  Much better than using globs to hand over lunch packs,
because you don't have to compute gradients and explorers can catch up with
a worker.
Much easier would be: Two or more globs that are on adjacent fields everage
there food level.  Could be a user option.

and then they all need inns at once?? maybe not good.

explorers L3 also carrying globs

We would have to determine when a glob wants to be carried.
Maybe when it has a long walk ahead and is near an explorer.

determin in the way you said. globs don't request an explorer. the explorer searches the near by area if globs have to go more than 15 and chooses the one with the longest way of those. else it procedes exploring.

Main problem: graphics.

either the glob is the upright graphic (hanging from its hands)
or the bended walking grafic (hanging at the hips)
or the most streamlined swimming grafic.
(/me wants dune2-style carry alls)

, globs handing goods to faster globs

We could do this, at least when they are on adjacent fields.
But again: graphics.

we have these grafics. it's like giving res to building or taking res from wood.

free globs fortifying
buildings with stone (every level gets its armor only if the stone is aplied
what doesn't affect the availability of the building, ...

Please don't use free globs.
The player would need to make sure that there are free globs.
Also you would want to decide which buildings become hardened.
This should be a building option regulated by the buildings unit allocation.

Agreed. then lets do it the joe wells way. add upgrade levels parallel to the normal upgrades. so you can order a non fortified inn level 2 or a fortified to level 3 inn level 2 that would then mean: build inn. immediatly continue to upgrade to level 2. inn will then be available to feed globs but globs would also fortify this inn to level 2.