Re: [glob2-devel] Net Engine Update!

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Net Engine Update!
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:18:24 +1200

Well the problem with renaming the old ones means that old scripts will break. Anything from a23 or previous people download will no longer be able to get the right files. Hence my idea to have only the new ones in a new folder. This will keep at least some compatibility as far as source installations or old revisions from mercurial.

As for restoring maps, I'll be making a brand new set of maps once a24 (or 0.9.0) is set to be released (i.e everything is finalized). And when those are done, I'll begin work on transferring over tutorial data, before moving onto recreating old maps and finally the campaigns (which need major work). It will take me about 2 months, so I don't want to begin something that might become obsolete if Brad changes the format.

Regards
Kieran

On 6/30/07, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> and we can stick new maps and campaigns in the new folders. Unless you have
> a better idea?

We can also rename the others ones as old, add syncoldmaps scripts and use
maps and campaigns folders for new ones.

We have to make sure the community quickly restore the good maps in thenew
format.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--