Re: [glob2-devel] Bug in libgag fixed

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Bug in libgag fixed
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:04:33 +0100

Hi

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> I have fixed the recent bug in libgag. The bug was that the header of libgag

Thank you a lot!

> When doing cleanup, please take care not to break the structure, thank you :-)

Ok sorry for those two bugs.
Line bug was introduced by accident and I was not able to fix it once I
found it. I more or less knew the changeset but couldn't find what was
wrong.

Bug two was introduced intentionally with a switch to bring back old
behavior and a comment on the commit to make that clear. I thought my
patch was a serious speed-up justifying to slightly degrade
functionality so others get aware of it. The old code is not buggy as
such but a *very* slow hack that shouldn't stay in neither. I would
never have done this in beta4-rc or in default shortly before forking
beta5-rc but consider the benefits of my patch as a must for a 1.0
release. Sorry I couldn't fix it on my own so far but I spent hours on it.

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb