Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:13:49 +0100

Hi

Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov wrote:
> Management (dSCM) system like Mercurial. It's a property of the system
> that all old files will be present in every clone of the repository.

right. but there are reasons you want to change history for.
now it is an unnecessary massive increase in size and we
might accept on keeping history broken as is (which I would
not be too happy with even if only to see a situation like this
can be dealt with.).

Still there are very valid reasons to rewrite history. Imagine
some pushing illegal content of what kind ever to our
repository. I could imagine someone committing a font he has
found somewhere while the license of that font forbids
redistributing the font in the form hg.globulation.org would
distribute it then. You can easily make up similar not too
unrealistic cases.

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb