gm-devel

[Gm-devel] Re: more about the gm

From: Henrik Abelsson
Subject: [Gm-devel] Re: more about the gm
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 01:41:41 +0100

Dan DeVries wrote:

You make good suggestions: Some of it i already know about. I'll try to fix the things you suggest, but it's finals season right now: it might take some time.

CCed to gm-devel so i remember what to do :)

I got the newest CVS today and compiled from source and much better.
Just thought I would mention in gm/lib/src
I still had to change the makefile converting storage.cpp to
gmstorage.cpp but not in the top directory of lib it was already
there.
the client doesn't seem to update who is online and some people aren't
showing online when my other client shows they
are online.  (if you already know about this or it's not complete,
sorry)

Do you have any more details? what protocols?
There is a bug in the kit protocol, it'll mark everyone as offline when it connects. A workaround is to connect the kit protocol first, then the others.

Also, I haven't been able to login to the msn(not that I want msn that
bad) it says
logging in to 196609     0
sending: VER 123  MSNP2
sending: INF   123
sending: USR  123   MD5 I devrie21

The MSN protocol is a not as tested as the others (mostly because i dont use it), but it seems to work for me. (I can login atleast)

Also, having a delete contact would be good although I realize you can
do it in the config file.

It's on the TODO list.

a normal user probably wouldn't do this but I got a 2nd TOC account and
two kit, so I tried to send a message from one
GNU messenger to another instance of GNU messenger just to see if it
worked.  For everyone but myself it worked fine
but when I double clicked the my other user only a gray window
appeared.  Just thought I would mention it.

Strange.. was the tabbed chat option enabled?

I did some playing with the server part.  I had to add my user manually
to the mysql users table.  For some reason the setup wizard to my own
server took forever and never got to finish before I gave up and
canceled.  I had no problem setting up a user when on your machine.
Still when I had the user manually added I could login just fine.

The setup wizard is not as good as it could be :) I'm going to improve it..

Thats all I have now.  I will do more using/testing.  Would it be better
to send this to gm-users list?

Please do.

-Dan
PS.  the server is at 66.37.237.22  port 4444 with account anonymous
with password anonymous if setup wizard doesn't
       work, I'm ddevries as usual.  althought I usually logon to
p230.ryd.student.liu.se