Re: [Gm2] lowercase keywords, Modula-2 mode for emacs

From: Benjamin Kowarsch
Subject: Re: [Gm2] lowercase keywords, Modula-2 mode for emacs
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 21:13:17 +0900

On 6 June 2018 at 20:56, Gaius Mulley <address@hidden> wrote:
Benjamin Kowarsch <address@hidden> writes:

> Did you also implement the recognition of dialect tags and dialect
> specific rendering as I did for vim?

not yet - but good timing as I'm currently adding the keywords.  Will
slip this code in at this point!

Great.

Note it is not only keywords but also predefined identifiers that need to be lowercased. In our Pygments plugin we render keywords in lowercase bold (optionally underlined) and predefined identifiers in lowercase bold italic. I am not sure if you can replicate than in emacs, though.

Also note that we changed READ and WRITE from procedure to statement in M2 R10. This means they are no longer predefined identifiers but keywords now. Also, since the WRITE statement syntax supports both formatted and unformatted writing, there was no longer any need for WRITEF which became obsolete altogether.

https://github.com/m2sf/m2bsk/wiki/Language-Description#the-read-statement

https://github.com/m2sf/m2bsk/wiki/Language-Description#the-write-statement

regards
benjamin