OpenAppend from SeqFile does not append

From: Rudolf Schubert
Subject: OpenAppend from SeqFile does not append
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 15:19:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I left a short note here "'Follow up question'" on 2023/04/16 but
perhaps nobody took note of it? This time I tried to find a better
subject which should clearly name the problem:

When using SeqFile.OpenAppend on an already existing file the new
data are not appended but instead the file is written from the
beginning deleting existing data.

I've appended a small test program which generates a file 'test_data'.
The expected contents of 'test_data' is:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPabcdefgh

But I find:

abcdefgh

BR