[Gnash-dev] ffmpeg vs libmad

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] ffmpeg vs libmad
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:30:20 -0600

I think for the release we might want to use libmad, instead of ffmpeg.
While testing on various platforms, I found out on Ubuntu this brought
in a bunch of dependencies, vorbisenc, libgsm, and theora. I added code
to ffmpeg.m4 to handle this, but thought maybe we should just make
libmad the default for this release just to simplify the installation.
I'm flexible, so I thought I'd see what others think.