[Gnash-dev] Re: gui wants redraw

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: gui wants redraw
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:16:00 +0100

Hello strk,

Friday, November 3, 2006, 7:36:39 AM, you wrote:
s> The problem with that, in my opinion, is that
s> gui events should trigger *immediate* redraw,
s> not redraw on next frame.

That's up to the individual gui, which is responsible for the
inter-frame delay (in GTK it's a timer AFAIK).

gui.cpp itself has no timer and waits for advance_movie() to be
called since the main loop is in the GUI implementation.

s> We don't want to wait for next frame before refreshing
s> the view, in both cases.

Agree, but that needs to be implemented in the GUI.

s> May I suggest all bugfixing happen in the 0.7.2 branch
s> for consistency ? (we'll forw-port later)

OS newbe question: Is this the normal way to go? I thought a release
branch gets mostly patches that have been proven?

Udo