[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:21:45 +0100

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 09:11:36AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Markus Gothe wrote:
> > Seem that 0.7.2 is to be considered stable now... I think we should
> > release it on monday. Any other opinions/suggestions?
>   Considered stable or truly stable ? :-) I'd also like to see the
> release go out within the next few days. Ideally we can now code freeze
> the branch *except* for bug fixes. If testing over the weekend is good,
> then yes, we'll put the release out. I have all the announcements and
> upload data files for the FSF all done, so it shouldn't be as slow a
> process as it was when I did the 0.7.1 release. Monday is a good goal as
> any, but we'll see...

Well, I tried, but we still have segfaults in sound handling and core.
Gstreamer backend seems more stable, but both mad and ffmpeg
over sdl segfault on bug #18207.

I've tried to higher severity of bugs that should be show stoppers
for 0.7.2 and I ask you to do the same. Brows the current bugs
database and set to "Blocker" any item that you think should block

Currently we have two: #18207 (the sound thing) and #18100 (stack

About "code freeze" we should define what *is* a bug, otherwise
we might end up adding more feature while fixing "bugs".
An example of it is my recent addition of implicit cast
of ActionScript variables from primitive types to corresponding
Object (String and Number). It was a bug, but not a critical one
and might have introduced other bugs...

So, let's define what a show-stopper is. Bear in mind that we're
threaded now, so memory corruptions are likely waiting around any


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]